Welcome to Weave, an online directory just for artists. You may be a painter, a singer, a sculptor or a dancer, an author, a poet, a designer, a juggler or a comedian; whatever art form you work in Weave is for you.
Weave is designed to promote, connect and communicate; artist to artist, audience to artist, artist to investor:
- Showcase your work to your audience, funding body and investors
- Enable your audience and prospective clients to contact you directly
- Direct interested people to your website or social media platforms
- Feel connected with other artists in your community and beyond
Weave is a space for our creative community to come together, to connect, collaborate, promote and support, entwining all threads of creative activity in one easy-to-navigate collection.
WHO CAN BE LISTED ON WEAVE
To be eligible to be listed on Weave you can be an individual artist or arts group, organisation or business. For profit businesses with a primary function of support services to artists such as framers, recording studios, private galleries etc are not eligible.
- Individual artists must reside in the Kiama, Shellharbour or Wingecarribee – Southern Highlands local government areas.
- Organisations, business and groups must have clear evidence of ongoing service/project delivery within one or both of the Kiama, Shellharbour or Wingecarribee – Southern Highlands local government areas.
Defining arts businesses, organisations or groups:
- Primary function is arts practice e.g. any artist operating as a sole trader, any artist or group of artists operating as a company, an association, cooperative or other legal business entity.
- Has some members who are artists as defined below
Defining an artist:
- Professional, semi-professional or emerging artist
- Artwork demonstrates original creative artistic expression
- Artwork reproductions are based on own original work
Weave administrators check all requests for suitability before they are displayed on the site. All decisions regarding inclusion on Weave rest with the site administrators.
Whilst we may acknowledge activities and involvement from surrounding suburbs where relevant, we reserve the right to refuse content outside the boundary of Kiama, Shellharbour and Wingecarribee – Southern Highlands local government areas.
HOW TO GET LISTED
Complete the online form on this page in order to submit your details to Weave. When the website launches you will have a dedicated page in the directory. At that time, you will be sent login details so you can update any text, images, videos or tracks whenever you wish.
A few important notes:
- Required fields are marked with an asterisk *
- You cannot save this form and return to it later.
- To make it easier for you to complete the form, you might like to gather all your information into a Word document beforehand, so you can easily copy/paste the information into the form in one go.
- Download Word template
- Image files should be no larger than 1MB in size. You can use Pixlr Express to resize images for free. If you’re not sure how to resize images, you can watch a video tutorial on resizing images.